WHO WE ARE?
The Luzon Convention of Southern Baptist Churches (LCSBC) is a Philippine-based Christian denomination. A convention of southern baptist churches all over the island of Luzon in the Philippines. Currently composed of 400 + churches and continuously growing.
WHAT WE BELIEVE?
The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God’s revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter. Therefore, all Scripture is totally true and trustworthy. It reveals the principles by which God judges us, and therefore is, and will remain to the end of the world, the true center of Christian union, and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and religious opinions should be tried. All Scripture is a testimony to Christ, who is Himself the focus of divine revelation. Read more…
The LCSBC envisions a community of Southern Baptist churches, associations, and institutions united and strengthened for the glory of God!
The LCSBC will serve as the lead in promoting unity and cultivating the spirit of evangelism, missions, discipleship and other forms of ministries among the Southern Baptist churches, associations, and institutions in Luzon, some parts of the Visayas, and worldwide.
Leading Churches in Strengthening the Body of Christ
Leading Churches in Serving and Blessing Communities
- Proclaim the pure Gospel of Christ in loving obedience to the Great Commission.
- Engage in missionary, educational and benevolent work.
- Promote harmonious and cooperative relationship among churches, associations, institutions, mission points, and among pastors, evangelists, missionaries, and all church workers.
- Plant indigenous churches.
- Acquire real and personal properties necessary to accomplish all the foregoing objectives.
24 Kanlaon Street, Brgy. Sta. Teresita, 1114 Quezon City, Philippines
(63 2) 741-1312 & 741-1328
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- 1948—arrival of Southern Baptist missionaries from China to the Philippines to study Chinese language
- May 29, 1950—Baguio Chinese Baptist Church, the 1st Southern Baptist Church in the Philippines was organized with
- August 30, 1950—23 missionaries organized the Philippine Baptist Mission, beginning the permanent Southern Baptist work in the Philippines
- 1952 – Dagupan Chinese Baptist Church and the Manila Chinese Baptist Church were organized. From hereon more Filipinos were converted and baptized to join these churches.
- 1954—Bible studies in Pasay was started among the Filipinos. Aurora Hill Baptist Church was organized and served as the center of Filipino mission work in Baguio City.
- 1957– Cavite First Baptist Church and Pasay Baptist Church were organized.
- 1958 – Tarlac First Baptist Church was organized.
- 1959 – Missionaries and Filipino pastors initiated the meeting of representatives from different SB churches in Luzon. Filipino church leaders were challenged to organize themselves into an association.
- 1962 – The Luzon Association of Southern Baptist Churches reorganized itself to become the Luzon Convention of Southern Baptist Churches, Inc.
- 1963—1965 Rev. Vicente Resultay
- 1965—1969 Rev. Deu Mahandi
- 1969—1973 Rev. Jesus Garcia
- 1973—1975 Rev. Moises de Guzman
- 1975—1977 Rev. Henry Silbor
- 1977—1981 Rev. Jesus Garcia
- 1981—1983 Rev. Ben Calica
- 1981—1983 Rev. Rodolfo Diamsay
- 1984—1986 Rev. Henry Cabalang
- 1984—1986 Rev. Crisostomo Diokno
- 1986—1988 Rev. Feliciano Montenegro
- 1988—1990 Rev. Gil Oliver Diokno
- 1990—1992 Rev. Tim Lardizabal, Jr.
- 1992—1994 Rev. Raoul Crisologo
- 1994—1996 Rev. Henry Silbor
- 1996—1998 Rev. Ted Correa
- 1998—2000 Rev. Ding Guevarra
- 2000—2002 Dante M. Velasco
- 2002—2006 Rev. Sixto Apura, Jr. (2 terms)
- 2006—2008 Rev. Mario Bildan
- 2008—2012 Rev. Joel Raner (2 terms)